Choosing The Best Time
Posted 04/16/2018 by Adam | Posted in How to Protest
In order to make your protest effective, you will need to select a date and time that will maximize attendance and allows for the most exposure. Visit the area to find a spot that offers you optimal visibility. Monitor your site to make a note of peak traffic times.
- Avoid scheduling your protest alongside other major events that could distract from your cause.
- Choose a time that is universally convenient, so that you will garner the most support.
- Select a location that is easily accessible to your supporters and provide them with detailed and accurate directions that include designated parking areas. You don’t want your participants wasting any time getting to your protest.
- Keep a constant eye on the weather and plan accordingly. Let your group know what they should bring in conjunction with the weather. For example, if it’s hot make sure they have water or if it’s raining an umbrella.
- After you have secured your location, dates, and times, you will want to create an event on social media pages and submit a press release with the details of the protest to get media coverage.